Archive October 2013
We have 2 great homes coming soon in Jackson that we just put on our website. We are in the process of getting them rent ready so we do not have all the pictures or the virtual tour yet. We have 1348 Diane Dr coming available in South Jackson and is going to rent for $800 a month. We also have 1331 Winterview Dr in Northeast Jackson that will rent for $1050 a month. Please click on the property information link below for more details.
1348 Diane Dr: http://www.damonwoffordrealty.com/rent/1348-diane-dr-3-bedroom-2-bath-home-south-jackson/
1331 Winterview Dr: http://www.damonwoffordrealty.com/rent/1331-winterview-dr-3-bedroom-2-bath-home-northeast-jackson/
Setup an Appointment to View: http://www.damonwoffordrealty.com/for-rent/apply-now/
Damon Wofford Realty LLC http://www.DamonWoffordRealty.com
We have been using a company called Buildium for the past couple of years and have been very satisfied. This online based property management software has allowed all parties (Owners, Property Management Team and Tenants) to be connected on one online based website. Here are some of the highlights below.
- Online Access: Easy to use online system that rental owners and tenants can access 24 hours a day and generate key reports with a click of a button.
- Resident Portal: A resident portal that allows tenants to make a rent payment, check payment history, view or download their lease and make maintenance requests.
- Owner Portal: Allows my owners to have online access to all financial data including detailed reports, tenant information EFT Payments and more.
- Mailings Made Easy: Being able to send out mailings to tenants, contractors, and rental owners with a click a button for $.80 a letter has changed the way I do business. That includes postage.
- Communication: Being able to communicate with all my management team, rental owners, and contractors through one website. Create tasks and job orders that are emailed to the management team or contractor.
- Online Application: Customization of the online application for tenants to fill out. Credit and Criminal background check for just $12. If applicant is approved 1 click moves them in with all their information that they filled out on the application.
- Rent Collection Made Easy: Payments made by tenants online are automatically applied to their account which saves me the time that it would take to manually input the collected rent. They have option to setup automatic monthly drafts or manually pay each month.
- Late Fees: Late fees are automatically applied to tenants account when late. Also they are automatically emailed that their account was charged with a late fee and to pay now to avoid eviction.
- Paying Owners and Vendors: I can pay my owners and vendors with a click of a button through EFT and it is funded to their bank account within 24 Hours
- 1099 Reporting: Buildium will file and mail your 1099’s to each vendor and rental owner for a low fee.
- Buildium is constantly upgrading their services every month so I know my company will be on the cutting edge of what is happening in the market.
For More information about Buildium and what it can do for you please click on the banner below.
Damon Wofford Realty LLC Residential Property Management and Sales in Jackson, MS http://www.DamonWoffordRealty.com
We are adding new listings to our website each week and would love to notify you before we put them on our website for the rest of the public to see. We manage homes all over the metro Jackson area including Jackson, Brandon, Ridgeland, Madison, Pearl, Clinton and Byram. If you would like to get an email notification with pictures and a Virtual Tour of our upcoming homes be sure and sign up for our email notification list.
To sign up click here: http://www.damonwoffordrealty.com/for-rent/sign-email-list/
We respect your privacy and your email address will be kept confidential and only used for notification purposes by Damon Wofford Realty LLC.
Damon Wofford Realty LLC
Residential Property Management and Sales
Yes . We are a full service Real Estate Brokerage that handles sales and property management. All real estate licensees are not the same. Only real estate licensees who are members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®. REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly. REALTORS® subscribe to a strict code of ethics and are expected to maintain a higher level of knowledge of the process of buying and selling real estate. An independent survey reports that 84% of home buyers would use the same REALTOR® again.
Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $100,000. If you had a $100,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had a $100,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance of a REALTOR®.
But if you’re still not convinced of the value of a REALTOR®, here are a dozen more reasons to use one:
1. Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power – that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. If you give a REALTOR® some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, he or she can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you. Most lenders — banks and mortgage companies — offer limited choices.
2. Your REALTOR® has many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties.
3. Your REALTOR® can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. Agents who are REALTORS® have access to a variety of informational resources. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning. schools, etc. There are two things you’ll want to know. First, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
4. Your REALTOR® can help you negotiate. There are myriad negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment. The purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. Your REALTOR® can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports. You will also want to see a preliminary report on the title of the property. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. Your REALTOR®, title company or attorney can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date.
6. Your REALTOR® can help you in understanding different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
7. Your REALTOR® can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
8. When selling your home, your REALTOR® can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
9. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. Often, your REALTOR® can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. In many markets across the country, over 50% of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than yours brings in the buyer. Your REALTOR® acts as the marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for agents, etc. The REALTOR® code of ethics requires REALTORS® to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit their clients.
10. Your REALTOR® will know when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. When a property is marketed with the help of your REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
11. Your REALTOR® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer’s proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing — a lot of possible pitfalls. Your REALTOR® can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
12. Your REALTOR® can help close the sale of your home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing , questions may arise. For example, unexpected repairs are required to obtain financing or a cloud in the title is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. Your REALTOR® is the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing (or settlement).
Need to Sell Your Home? Contact Damon Wofford, Jackson’s Trusted REALTOR®
Are you in the market to buy a home? Contact your local REALTOR®, Damon Wofford
As a Buyer you will get an experienced REALTOR® who knows the area and can negotiate for you! I will find out what will make a house into your “dream home” and then I will spend extensive amounts of time previewing & networking to find that perfect home for your family. I will make your real estate experience stress-free, because you will have confidence & trust that I will personally follow every detail of the transaction from the beginning to the closing . That is what we do best..personalized service for each and every one of our clients.
Damon Wofford Realty LLC
Damon Wofford has been actively involved in real estate and more specifically property management since 2006. Born and raised in Jackson, Damon grew up in a family having more than 25 years experience in residential real estate, and has been immersed in the subject from a young age. Damon completed his degree in Behavioral Management from the University of Mississippi before moving home to open his first property management company, Quality Rental Houses LLC. Acquiring management accounts from investors all over the US and abroad, Damon grew his management business from the ground up through extensive marketing efforts and attending numerous seminars all over the country. He not only manages properties for others, but also maintains investment properties of his own.
In 2011, to fill a need for his clients and expand his scope of business, Damon opened, Damon Wofford Realty LLC. He and his team work hard to provide the best personalized service to Landlords, Sellers, Buyers and Tenants in the metro Jackson area. He and his team take each challenge head on, and meet them with a timely and befitting solution. He and his wife, both longtime Jackson residents, live in the historic neighborhood of Belhaven, and are active with many neighborhood and community organizations. They both share the same passion for the vitality of their city, and are committed supporters of efforts to keep Jackson a great place to live.
Damon is a licensed Real Estate Agent and a member of the National Association of Realtors, Mississippi Association of Realtors, and Jackson Association of Realtors. He is also a participant in the local Jackson Real Estate Investment Group.